|Referent: dr. Vincenzo Sabatelli - e mail: email@example.com - tel. 0835.974459|
The industrial research activities and experimental development on renewable energy use are focused on biomasses and qualification and certification of solar components at low and medium temperatures.
They also support the industrial system and public administration in the use of these renewable energy sources.
The laboratory carries out:
• Development and demonstration of processes for converting biomass into liquid fuels, and bio-energy through pretreatment, fractionation and bioconversion.
• Development and demonstration of thermochemical biomass conversion processes (pyrolysis, combustion, gasification) to obtain heating and electricity, syngas, synthetic biofuel.
• Industrial research for the processing of vegetable oils into biodiesel also resulting from unconventional sources.
• Experimental development processes through implementation of pilot plants for demonstration of layout with a high degree of innovation.
• Design and update database related to the availability of biomass.
• Research for the development of solar technologies at low and medium temperature. Analysis of short-and long-term performance of solar systems and their integration in residential cooling and heating systems. Qualification and certification of solar systems and components.